Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm back!

I know, I know...I went waaaay to long between posts. I promise it won't happen again.

To make up for it and to help you through the grueling work week now underway, I'm going to post an excellent two part video highlight of K-1 legend Andy Hug. Hug is one of the most respected combat athletes of all time, both for his incredible skill and his role in popularizing fighting sports. He is best known for his stupefying axe kick, a difficult move Hug used to notch shockingly sudden KO's throughout his career. Hug's arsenal also included a spinning heel kick that made ground meat out of his opponents legs (and makes me suck air and rub my thighs just to watch.)

The videos below trace Hug's career from its beginnings in full-contact karate tournaments through his K-1 World Grand Prix Championship in 1996 and finally to his untimely death from leukemia at age 35 in 2000. Long live the Blue Eyed Samurai (his Japanese nickname)!


Best of Andy Hug by mart- Part 1





Best of Andy Hug by mart- Part 2

No comments: