Friday, February 29, 2008

Short Jabs


  • ProElite Inc.'s stock (Symbol: PELE), parent company of EliteXC, finished the day at $7 a share, a 137.29% increase from the previous day's close of $2.95, a 52-week low.
  • I guess updating your blog is a good way to get noticed by your employer. Ryo Chonan posted this yesterday: "I got a call from my manager about my next fight this afternoon. What a coincidence! I wonder if someone who works for the UFC read my blog yesterday? I'm going to accept a fight with any fighters, so I think I can officially announce my next fight sometime soon. I am motivated to train."
  • Kazushi Sakuraba is opening his own gym. He's calling it "Laughter7," adding yet another chapter to the great Japanese tradition of giving mundane things bizarre English names ("GOD Coffee" to start your day? How 'bout some "Pocari Sweat" after you're work out?) Sounds intimidating, eh?
  • Tito Ortiz was fired last night on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice." Click here for a summary of how it went down.

No comments: